Time & Location
01 Dec 2020, 12:00 am – 07 Dec 2020, 4:59 pm
About the event
In conjunction with International Day of Persons with Disabilities, the Malaysia Independent Living Association for Disabled (MILAD) is honoured to present to you a awareness-cum-charity campaign, named “NO THUMB CHALLENGE” to raise funds for MILAD as well as foster empathy in participants.
1. To increase awareness of the issues facing by disabled people.
2. To gain a common joint understanding of what it means to have a disability and of the dynamics involved in assisting people with disabilities.
3. To raise RM350,000 (1-year expenses) for MILAD. So that MILAD can continue to provide services, promote the Independent Living Movement, and improve the support for people with disabilities.
Event Duration: 1st – 7th December 2020
HOW does it work?
1. We encourage all participants to fundraise or donate a minimum of RM50 (more is hugely appreciated)
2. Participants will receive an event T-shirt from MILAD after registration (T shirt only applicable to Malaysia participants that register before November 15 )
3. Participants have to complete at least THREE tasks without the use of their thumbs during our event period (1st – 7th December).
- Peel a banana
- Write your name on a piece of paper
- Tie your shoes
- Brush your hair
- Brush your teeth
- Buttoning up your shirt
- Locking a door with a key
- Having a meal with a spoon and fork
- Cutting a square shape with scissors
4.Upload photos/videos after task completion on any social media platforms, and tag #MILAD, #NoThumbsChallenge
5.Participants are encouraged to show their donation receipts online so that it will reach more people to join and donate to MILAD
All donations could bank-in directly to:
Malaysia Independent Living Association For Disabled,
Swift code: MBBEMYKL
Please indicate "No Thumbs Challenge " then send your bank in slip , and your details to email@example.com, for us to send you a receipt and our appreciation.
Sign up now! Together we can make a difference.!