Sun, 01 Aug|
No Fingers Challenge 2021
disability awareness-cum-charity campaign
Time & Location
01 Aug 2021, 7:00 am MYT – 31 Aug 2021, 11:59 pm MYT
About the event
For the last five years, Milad M'sia Malaysia Independent Living Association For Disabled - MILAD 大马残障自立协会 is no stranger to focus on equality and human rights for all people with disabilities in Malaysia. This year to raise awareness and support for an inclusive and integration of the disabled in the community, MILAD is introducing a disability awareness-cum-charity campaign, named “NO FINGER CHALLENGE 2021” to advance diversity and inclusion in society as well as to raise funds for MILAD.
A. Event details:
• To increase awareness of the obstacles facing by disabled people in order to integrate into society.
• to gain a common joint understanding of what it means to have a disability and of the dynamics involved in assisting people with disabilities.
• To raise RM500,000 (1-year expenses) for MILAD. So that MILAD can continue to provide various services, promote the Independent Living Movement, and improve support for people with disabilities.
Event Duration: 1st – 31st August 2021
2) How to participate
• Fill in the event form and send it to us.
• We encourage all participants to donate a minimum of RM50 (more is hugely appreciated) and send it to us via online banking.
• Participants will receive a gift from MILAD
• Complete at least THREE tasks without the use of their fingers during our event period (1st – 31st August).
- Take a selfie
- Peel a banana
- Write your name on a piece of paper
- Tie your shoes
- Brush your hair
- Brush your teeth
- Locking a door with a key
- Having a meal with a spoon and fork
- or take the challenge in creative ways
• Upload photos/videos after task completion on any social media platforms, with a short message about your feelings or reflection after completing the task, and tag #MILAD, #NoFingersChallenge
• Participants are encouraged to tag at least 3 friends and invite them to register and take up the challenge, so that it will reach more people to join.
All donations could bank in directly to:
Malaysia Independent Living Association For Disabled
Malayan Banking Berhad
Swift code: MBBEMYKL
Please email us your particulars and bank in slip, for the issue of the official receipt.
Register it today: https://forms.gle/X77EViTBg2Mhnx7n7